martes, 28 de marzo de 2023

Critical math for computer science

Hey!

I have had homeschooling for the past 5 years and will start a computer science degree next year at my local university. There's obviously a lot of math involved, and I am looking to catch up on that a bit. The math I've seen doesn't really compare to high school math and I haven't encountered all the topics you typically see. I will have discrete math (collections, relations, and functions), vectors and projection, differential equations, integrals, etc in my degree (just the first year, but once I catch up the following years won't be an issue). Since math, algebra, and geometry are so broad, it's impossible to learn them all, so I want to focus on the most important topics that I will definitely need.

What are the most crucial concepts and things to learn and understand in math/algebra, that have prioritization over other topics?

​

(I am writing this in between research and calling the university for information, so it may seem like an underresearched issue and written too quickly. Partly true :))



Submitted March 28, 2023 at 07:05AM by KayaSem https://ift.tt/ORFvUZJ

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario