Hi everyone! I am graduating from college in 2 weeks! I'm a liberal arts major. In high school, I was incredibly bad at math. Teachers recognized that I had a lot of potential but I never tried. I took algebra 1 three times! When I finally passed, I moved on to geometry and had an amazing teacher who made me love math, but I still didn't really try. Her teaching style was so good that I learned without trying. When I went to college, I completely changed. I went from getting C's and D's to getting straight A's with the occasional B. In college I took a couple of liberal arts math courses and got A's in them.
However, I found my true potential in math when I took upper-level courses in chemistry. It involved A LOT of math, but I completely understood it! I paid attention, studied, and really cared about it. I was so amazed that I was able to memorize and combine complicated formulas. I remember it got to the point where I had to solve one equation, just to plug the answer into another equation, and then another and another. I was amazed at myself. I was so estatic going to chemistry because I actually understood the math. I loved the chemistry too, but the math gave me so much joy. It gave me so much confidence that I understood the formulas and didn't just memorize them. It made me love math.
My major requires no math so after my sophomore year I completely stopped doing math, but I miss solving equations and having that proud feeling when I solved something. I'm thinking about going to community college once I graduate just to take a math courses. My goal is to get to calculus III. I want to look at a complicated problem and understand everything that is going on. I have such a deep appreciation for math now. I'm just wondering if it's dumb, like when I introduce myself on the first day of class is it going to be weird to say "hey, I have a bachelors but I'm here just to learn."
Submitted April 17, 2019 at 08:33PM by Lgphillips08 http://bit.ly/2GuQNME
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario