domingo, 4 de octubre de 2026

Getting my GED after leaving neglectful home, ISO advice for astronomy related career.

Hi everyone. My situation is a little unique, so please bear with me here.

In the fourth grade, my mother removed me from public school due to the pandemic. I am supposed to be going into what should’ve been my senior year next fall (junior now), but due to my several years of unenrollment and missing transcripts, I was informed I would have to start entirely over from 8th, so I have settled on getting my GED. Public school is off of the table for me, and my GED is my only choice unless I want to be 16 in the 8th grade (I don’t.)
I have always tried to teach myself the basic math, English, history, science, etc, so I am not entirely uneducated. I have only just now escaped from the household and I am finally in a place where I am able to get my GED, and I have some questions I am hoping for advice on.

It has always been my dream to work in the astronomy field. I am unsure as to what exactly I would like to do, but I know I would like to study the stars and shoot for them. I have worries that due to my circumstances, the concept of astronomy for someone who has such little education for their entire life and only just now starting with the GED process that this field is unrealistic for me, especially with my NASA dream, and I am having doubts and I would like some pointers, some advice, and a general direction on what I should do or things I should look into. I am looking for honest advice. I am more than willing to work for it and do absolutely whatever it takes as ridiculous as the dream sounds. I know I will have to work like hell.

Again, I cannot stress enough that public school is not on the table. I would be past 21 graduating which is the limit in the US, and I refuse to be 16 in 8th grade due to my family never enrolling me. The GED is my best option I believe, and it may be my only.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and advice is desperately needed and welcome.



Submitted October 4, 2026 at 01:23AM by W4ystarroyco https://ift.tt/Zyb0BmN

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario