sábado, 12 de diciembre de 2020

FMLA Leave for teachers - Questions

I've been on FMLA since around September/October. My doctor won't sign a release the school requires for me to return to campus. I have NOT received pay in months. I have some questions for others who have been on FMLA:

  1. I have been turning in lesson plans, communicating with students and parents, grading assignments from home. I have not been given the option to teach virtually, though it does exist. Payment stopped as soon as I went on FMLA. Is it normal to still be expected to do these duties without pay?
  2. There is a special circumstance for at-risk teachers to teach home during Covid. My issue is heart related and looks to me (from info from district) that it would qualify for remote teaching (which I am basically doing without pay)
  3. I have never been on leave? Is it normal to be expected to do some amount of at home work (grading, assignments, etc) to keep your position secure?

​

I've never been in this situation and any answers would be greatly appreciated! I am just unsure as to what the requirements are.



Submitted December 12, 2020 at 10:51PM by Outsidethelines83 https://ift.tt/2K2Btv8

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario