I am working on an article for a publication about teachers who invite community members into the classroom to serve as visiting experts, advisors, and authentic audiences for student work. I am curious about how these outsiders can help students become more curious, develop a stronger grasp on material, and get exposure to possible careers of interest. I have done this in my own journalism class, inviting the reporters responsible for articles my students have read to visit and field questions. I have found that students benefit from hearing how professionals handle the very process that they are undertaking. I am mostly curious about what other teachers around the country are doing, at all levels of school, whether high school or elementary, public or private. I am curious how these arrangements work in STEM, arts, and social studies classrooms as well as ELA. How do your units or assessments incorporate guests? How do students benefit? What are the challenges? How do you meet them? Please feel free to respond here or chat with me. I can share my email address and we can either talk or email. Appreciate it!
Submitted October 5, 2026 at 06:43PM by Grand-Search894 https://ift.tt/s7P6mr5
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario