This man…I don’t think the character limit could handle everything.
I became the superintendent’s assistant in mid-2023, just before the 2023-2024 school year. I believe I first encountered this father in August 2023. And…I have spoken to him 4+ times a year every single year since. I haven’t ever had any interaction with ANY other parent to even half that degree. 99% of the time, I have a one-time interaction and that’s it.
This man…he is very manipulative. I know someone is going to accuse me of “judging” this man. Understand that you do not know the situation like I do, or like my secretaries and admins do. He wants things documented (completely inappropriate things mind you) so he can make himself look like the “preferred” parent so he can turn around and bring the documentation to court. He does not hide the fact that he hates women and thinks because the majority of staff is female he’s being unfairly treated.
I’m done. I am so so so done. It’s a circus. The mother? I have never once heard from her, I don’t even know her name. But this guy? Ugh.
I’m done speaking to him on the phone. We are pretty sure he is illegally recording conversations and meetings (this is a 2 party state). His demands are very specific and involve, again, documentation to make him look like the good guy.
Friday a 504 meeting was held. He requested an inappropriate accommodation that, yes, would have put him in a good light rather than neutral, fact-based wording. His request was documented. Mom’s request that it not be granted was documented. Due to the nature of the request, it was denied. He left the meeting and called my office from the parking lot.
I will not answer. I see his number on the call ID and I let it go to voicemail. He wants a meeting with my Super. I sent an email saying I was in receipt of his voicemail and understood his request but wanted to know the purpose of the meeting and his expected outcome.
My boss is a busy man, he doesn’t have the time to spend on this guy. I know what the purpose of the meeting is - he wants my boss to change the 504 documentation so, again, he can bring it to court to appear that he is the preferred parent and he can try for full custody.
I’m tired. I’m so tired. Is there a professional way to set a boundary? Is there a professional way to say - sir, literally everyone is so over you and your BS. Knock it off. We are done. If there is a genuine issue, of course we will address it, but this is bordering on harassment. The principal was uncomfortable, the 504 coordinator was uncomfortable, the teacher was uncomfortable. He doesn’t get loud, doesn’t threaten violence but…I cannot describe how legitimately icky every interaction is.
Anyway, this was kinda mostly a vent, but also…is there ANY WAY I can somehow professionally tell this guy to get his shit together and stop bothering us over custody crap?
Submitted October 5, 2026 at 03:04PM by HeyyySandy https://ift.tt/VnIgYj5
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario