I live in a red state but in a very large metropolitan area. We thought we were fortunate to get a spot for an acclaimed elementary in the magnet school lottery. Two years later, our school district was taken over by the state and our beloved principal was fired and atrocious changes were implemented (removing our award winning library, teaching to test, error-ridden AI lesson plans and constant evaluations, etc.). We fortunately had another option as we have a second home in a rural area, so we moved our primary residence to our second home and enrolled our children at the local, highly rated school. I come from a rural farm family educated in public school, so I thought this would be a good change. Unfortunately, my children were bullied for not being religious (my moms side of the family is full of extremely religious conservative preachers but I decided to distance myself and my children from that religion due to many factors). My oldest child, a daughter, is extremely smart and was the main target of bullying, so I tried to find another alternative. She was accepted to a non-religious private school. However, I have since learned that key board members are Republicans politicians or their spouses.
In preparation for the upcoming school year, we received an email discussing their dress code which included the line “students are expected to adhere to conduct and grooming per their biological gender assigned at birth.” What does conduct per biological gender mean? I am livid. If they wanted to specify dress code requirements, fine, but this is ridiculous. There are religious schools in the area, but as a non-religious school, I expected more. Other than leaving our state or homeschooling, which are not feasible due to our jobs, how should we educate our children without indoctrination and interference from politics?
Submitted July 22, 2026 at 05:48PM by Riviera_Sunset https://ift.tt/RiaU2zx
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario