Hello! I'm a current sophomore who's a homeschooler/does online school. I have no concerns with the curriculum of the school itself- it's licensed by Cognia & the Middle States Association, and is owned by K12 and uses K12's curriculum. (Say what you want about k12 haha but their academic stuff is used across the nation) and I also supplement with other resources. (The school is The Keystone School).
I have good extracurriculars- the reason I do online school is because I am an athlete- as well as volunteering, etc. I'll be taking AP exams every year, and of course the SAT, and possibly the ACT. I'm also considering taking a few CLEP exams to show mastery of a subject to colleges, as a metric, because of the homeschooler thing. I'll also be doing dual enrollment in my junior/senior years and maybe taking a couple courses through my local public HS.
Basically my question is, will doing online school/being a homeschooler affect my chances of getting into colleges? Of course I will be applying for some very selective schools, but also a lot of major state schools, too. (Think UMass Amherst or UMD College Park).
Submitted September 30, 2026 at 06:02AM by angelsanddemons- https://ift.tt/OuYnqaW
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario