FLDOE waged a war on "wokeism" which ended up meaning that educational courses in the state can't use words like "diverse," "inclusive," "social-emotional," etc., anymore.
This makes doing educational research very difficult. To get anything remotely credible or evidence-based, I often have to cite a source citing a source. I can't use a website or book that even mentions Common Core. I have to talk about UDL without talking about the purpose of UDL (I.e., inclusivity) AND WITHOUT CITING THE CREATORS OF UDL. I have to describe SEL as "grit" and "resilience" even though most of the research describes it as social and emotional learning.
Cherry-picking which evidence-based principles are taught and how they can be taught (completely out of context and removed from the creators/researchers that developed them because they're too "woke") is not actually very evidence-based, is it? It's such a stupid and dangerous precedent, and I hope the next iteration of government is less focused on culture wars and more focused on the actual science of learning.
Submitted September 15, 2026 at 08:45AM by GrassRootsBogQueen https://ift.tt/XDYcZ3G
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario