martes, 8 de septiembre de 2026

Teacher looking for some external testers for a student grouping app

Hey,

I’m a teacher myself and until now I’ve been using TeamShake for making student groups. At some point a few missing features (for example iCloud sync) and also the somewhat outdated look started to annoy me. There are newer apps doing similar things, but I honestly don’t see why I should pay a subscription for a small helper app. Mine will definitely be a one-time purchase and cost no more than your average kebab. Without extra cheese!

After around 6 months of working on it during holidays and weekends (I teach full-time), the app is now basically finished and the App Store release is coming up. You can create classes, import them from .CSV files and then generate groups either randomly or with different parameters like student strength, gender or a blacklist. There are also quite a few other features already working.

Something that was very important to me was being able to present the groups nicely on the classroom screen, so the app supports AirPlay. While you generate and maybe adjust the groups, the class sees a loading screen, and once you hit “Go”, the groups appear with an animated reveal. There are several animations to choose from.

Until now mostly colleagues and friends have tested it, so I’m looking for some teachers who have never seen the app before. No review, post or anything like that expected – just try it and tell me what annoys you, what is confusing or what is missing.

The app is developed for iOS and iPadOS, but also runs on Mac. The only thing you need to try it is Apple’s TestFlight app, which is used for testing apps before they are released on the App Store.

TestFlight: https://testflight.apple.com/join/rSfvmzM7

If you’d like to keep testing future builds and prefer to be invited directly through TestFlight, just send me a DM with the email address you use for TestFlight. Feedback here, by DM or directly through TestFlight is all fine.



Submitted 2026-09-08T08:27:11Z by Balmung1337 https://ift.tt/LpxEVg2

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario