So last year my son was bullied relentlessly upon entering high school. It affected him so drastically that his confidence took a complete nosedive that never fully recovered. I had to pull him out of school because he refused to go. I moved him from NY to my old high school in NJ (with my parents) for the rest of the school year, where he encountered no further issues. I found and applied my son to a charter school for the following year, and things were looking great at first.
At the end of the school year, I moved him back up to NY. My parents are moving and so he cannot continue in NJ. I waited to hear from the charter school for next steps. When I did, the woman was strangely cold as she informed me that because of block scheduling in NJ, my son was short 2 courses and would not be able to enter the 10th grade. She said that she would get back to me regarding alternative options, but somehow I knew that I'd never hear from her again, and I never did. The problem is that this woman appears to "run" the entire charter school, even though she is not even the principal. She seems to have developed some kind of vendetta against me as well. When I called back I found out from someone else that the charter school offers makeup courses that would resolve our issue, something the woman never mentioned. That person said that they would get back to me. That person never did.
I briefly tried to get in touch with the public school, but they were similarly apathetic and unresponsive, and my son has no interest in setting foot in the building anyway.
At this point I feel completely abandoned by the school system. If I do nothing I will be forced to home school my son, which I am willing to do even as a single mother who works full time. But can I at least make a complaint so this never happens to anyone else again? And to whom? Is there any option I haven't thought of? Please help.
Submitted 2026-08-13T11:38:28Z by queen_oops https://ift.tt/X4y2eSk
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario