Hello, I’m a 19-year-old who is starting university for the second time next month. When I was 18, I got into a fairly decent university where I studied Product Design. It wasn’t my first choice, but I chose it because the university had a good reputation, and I felt like I had something to prove academically.
Before I even started university, I was going through some personal problems that had a significant impact on my mental health and how I performed academically. A few days ago, I was academically withdrawn from my university after failing one of my final modules, and I was devastated.
I’ve always compared myself to someone I used to be friends with. He was always an excellent student, consistently achieved the highest grades, attended a private college, and is now studying at one of the best universities in our city and is about to start his second year. He has also told me that because I wasn’t academically successful at school or college, I will never amount to anything in my life.
Next month, I’m starting university again, this time on a foundation year studying Construction Management. Although the university I’m going to isn’t as highly regarded as my previous one and is looked down on, I genuinely want to work hard, build a career, and make something of myself.
However, I constantly compare myself to this person and feel as though I’ll never be as successful as him or achieve anything meaningful. I know that I shouldn’t let someone else’s opinion define my future, but it’s difficult to stop thinking this way.
I really want to use this opportunity to turn things around, dedicate myself to my future, and prove to myself that I am capable of achieving something. I would really appreciate any advice or tips on how I can overcome these feelings, stop comparing myself to others, and focus on building a successful future for myself.
Submitted 2026-08-15T19:56:43Z by Curious-Winter-1988 https://ift.tt/Mecl8BW
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario